Monday, November 05, 2007

Tired

I'm so tired of having a house full of sick kids! I just got back from the pediatrician. This time we were able to wait through the weekend and see our regular doctor this morning. But the bad news is that Jessica, aside from a fever that won't go away, has a sinus and ear infection combined with a very sore throat. Poor thing. But we just started antibiotics, so here's hoping she feels well by tomorrow morning. I hope so anyway. Having sick kids for the last month has completely thrown me off my schedule. I can't get to the store and definitely do not have any time in the scrap room unless they happen to get some sleep.

So besides all the projects that are due (like yesterday!) I also have to start looking into a new vehicle. Our lease is up in a few weeks and with Thanksgiving in there, I've got to start getting an idea what I'd like to get next. In my research - I was shocked to see the lousy fuel economy statistics on all these new cars - except for the Ford Hybrid. Come to find out the government has changed how the gas mileage is posted on the sticker on the window. They want the auto industry to give consumers a more realistic view of how many miles you get to the gallon. The Ford Escape Hybrid is being advertised as having 36 hyw/31 city and is being changed to 31/29. Still much better than the mini vans which range between 16-18mpg city. I never really considered a hybrid before, but in this day and age - nearly doubling your gas mileage will save a pretty penny over the course of the next few years of owning the vehicle. Reflecting current prices, I would spend $8,400 in gas over 5 years (and I'm a stay at home mom!). In 2001, that figure would've been $2,400 because I remember the gas station by my friends house was always around 99cents a gallon. Unreal, isn't it? So if I could get that down to $4,500 or even $5,000 that would be awesome. Plus, you know gas prices will go up astronomically in the next 5 years so the savings would be even greater. That is - if I'm comparing to a vehicle with a comparable purchase price. :) Anyway - I've totally gone off on a tangent. My apologies (that is - if you actually read all my ramblings).

Lots to do and a sick little one to go check on. I am working on my next class to be offered at Heart in Hand Scraps and hopefully I can get that in on time for the next newsletter. So unfortunately I don't have any projects I can post here - but I'll be posting a couple later this week. So come back and visit! :)

Cami

3 comments:

Mary Jo said...

I'm so sorry the kids are sick!
That is rough for you as well as them!

Cheryl said...

I wish I could help you but I'm NOT anywhere near as talented as you and don't do well with sick kiddos. Guess I'm no good as a friend.

Does sympathy work??

SUPER BIG HUGS!!!!!

Jacqueline said...

Hope your kids are feeling better soon and hope you find the perfect vehicle at the perfect price. And yes, I do read your ramblings and I enjoy them. :)