Sunday, October 28, 2007

Sunday ramblings

Before I forget and start rambling - I wanted to let you know my friend Nicole Wozniak has a digital freebie on her blog - check it out: http://lumpypagedesigns.blogspot.com/ I'm working on some hybrid projects right now and have been scouring the net for more goodies! If you know of some great digi kits or embellishments...be sure you let me know!

As I mentioned in my last post, Saturday was my oldest daughter's birthday. She turned 7 yesterday - and the poor thing ended up in the after hours pediatrician's office. They ran a strep culture and it was negative, thank goodness. The dr. said not to give her cough meds as they really don't do much anyway - and said to return the Mucinex if I hadn't opened it...then proceeded to tell me all sorts of stuff about the Australian team training in the pollution in Beijing for the Olympics (in Beijing next year), science, Washington and the BBC...???? Whatever. Really, just tell me what to do to get her better as she's missed 4 days of school already - and she's HERE...on her BIRTHDAY. After being there for an hour, his solution was to have her drink a LOT of water and remember to wash her hands. I'm paying for this? DUH! I was pretty sure that if a fever hung on for more than 5 days that a kid needs pediatric intervention...and the on call nurse was the one that told me to get in to see a dr. The guy was a little looney and kept going off on a tangent - then told me thank you for listening. weird. I do believe that the reason for the lack of medication is that they are concerned about these Super Bugs that are resistant to medicine. His point about the athletes was that they trained there and were coughing up chunks of dirty air - and the trainers solution was to make sure they drank tons of water and that would help flush out all the impurities they were inhaling. Not sure I got that recalled as eloquently as the dr. had stated it - but that was his point. That if Lindsay drank lots of water - she should be coughing and keeping all that stuff out of her lungs...no cough meds needed as he WANTS her to cough.

Alright - so today I NEED to get in the scraproom and create a bunch of stuff that is due - like tomorrow! So goodbye for now. Hope you're all having a great weekend!

~Cami

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

So sorry your little one is still sick. I know that can't be fun for her or you. What a bummer to be sick..and go to the doctors..on your birthday.

Hope you got your stuff done and we'll get a glimps soon. We MISS YOU!!!!

Rita said...

Poor Lindsay -- I sure hope she's feeling better. Sometimes doctors can be so frustrating.