Friday, October 26, 2007

Book-o-ween!

Children all over the country are participating in Book-o-ween today, except my dd Lindsay. Just when I think she's getting better - today she has a 102.2 temperature and her cough is getting worse. She was SO looking forward to participating in the school parade as Ariel (Little Mermaid) but I had to be the bad guy and tell her she had to stay in bed for the 4th day in a row. Her birthday is tomorrow and I really just want her to get better so she can enjoy her day. All she wants to do is have the family go to the aquarium and hang out there together. What a great kid.


So back on topic - for Book-o-ween, Jessica went as Strawberry Shortcake. She wanted to be a princess but I told her that chances are, every other little girl would be one of the Disney Princesses and why don't we find something different. So we went through her books and found 2 favorites...Angelina the Ballerina and Strawberry Shortcake. Strawberry Shortcake it is. Here are a couple pictures from our way out the door this morning. Lindsay has bed-head and again, not feeling well, but she really wanted to have a picture of her and Jess together.



Now for halloween, Lindsay has chosen the cheerleader costume from High School Musical and Jessica has selected a "forrest fairy" costume. Lindsay's costume is a little big for her, but at least she can put it in her dress-up box and get good use out of it for the next year. Can't wait to see all the halloween pics next week. I love seeing what all the other kids are dressed up as...I am always amazed at what some of the moms out there make. Sadly, I just rely on my checkbook. heehee.

Have a great weekend!
Cami

8 comments:

Rita said...

Cami, Jessica is the CUTEST Strawberry Shortcake ever!!! And poor Lindsay -- I hope she will feel much better for her birthday and can enjoy herself. Sending lots of get well and warm b-day wishes her way.

Enjoy your weekend my friend!

Christi said...

Look at how cute she is as Strawberry Shortcake!

I hope that Lindsey is feeling better today and HaPpY BiRtHdaY to her!!!
smiles!

Jacqueline said...

That is so cute! Love that you looked through her books for ideas!

Jean Marie said...

What a cute little shortcake!!
hope Lindsay feels better soon.

Tammy Tutterow said...

Awwww, she is just the sweetest Strawberry Shortcake ever!! The first picture of her put the biggest smile on my face.

I hope that Lindsay is better today.

Cheryl said...

Ditto to what everyone else said. The pictures are priceless as always.

Happy B-day Lindsay. Hope you has a super day!!

Anonymous said...

Awww Cami, Jessica looks so great!! That was a perfect choice!! I love her strawberry shortcake freckles - so cute! I hope Lindsay is feeling much better by now and Happy Birthday to her!!

Carolyn said...

Please tell Jessica that she is the cutest Strawberry Shortcake, I have ever seen. I hope she had a fun day, in her outfit.

And, hopefully Lindsay is feeling much better, and has a wonderful birthday.