Sunday, October 14, 2007

Cool schtuff...

I'm back from CKU - and I had so much fun going just to hang out with Rusty Pickle's own Kristan Paolacci, her awesome mom (love her!) and I even ran into a bunch of my local friends there. I helped out in the RP classes as much as I could and met some amazing women. Kristan's TA's were so sweet and we all had a great time together. I heard that the Pirate Princess contest the night before went very well - I just wish I'd been there to see all the awesome creations. Sounded like everyone had a blast! There should be some photos of that uploaded to the Rusty Pickle blog this week.

Heart in Hand Scraps had a new set of classes added to their boutique...and I won't tell you who has a class in there. heehee (*whistling and looking around*). Additionally, Tammy Tutterow and Linda Albrecht have new classes as of Friday. They are awesome - and be sure to check out the other classes available in the boutique.

If you subscribe to the newsletter from Julie Ann Shahin's blog, Everyday Digital Scrapbooking, you'll see my recent interview about hybrid scrapbooking. If you don't get the newsletter, you can read the interview in the Scrapbook Dimensions Magazine forums . If you haven't tried hybrid scrapping - I'm telling you, it's worth a try. You will LOVE it! You don't have to give up your adhesive and trimmer. Print out a simple journaling card (as I mention in my interview as one of my favorite hybrid products) and give it a shot!

Last week I did my first garage sale. It was time to finally purge the garage of all the baby clothes, highchair, playpen, strollers, car seats. I can't begin to tell you how difficult that process was for me as I love children and would love to have one more. BUT, I've accepted the fact that that isn't going to happen. I only made about $100 or so - and honestly I don't think it was worth spending a week in the garage sorting stuff out, then sitting out in the sun for 7 hours. Oh well. Live and learn. But I have to say that most of the purchases were like 25-50 cents on the clothes, and I was selling big toys that still looked brand new for $1 or two. So I did get rid of quite a bit of stuff.

I have a busy week ahead. I have a LOT of creating I need to get done for assignments, and my parents are coming to town as well...which means more house cleaning. oh joy! I can't WAIT to see them though. I don't get to see my mom and dad as much as I'd like. Hopefully next time we can go out to Denver to see them. I miss seeing the rest of my family too!

2 comments:

Mary Jo said...

Sounds like CKU was fabulous!
And I must get over to Tammy's site and check out those on-line classes since it's to hard to go to IRL ones with the baby right now.
I agree about garage sales. For me so not worth it for the amount of work ;0p

Carolyn said...

Happy to hear you had a fabulous time at CKU. I know I always do, but I am such a social butterfly, might be why. LOL

And, I hear you about those rummage sales, and also why I don't have them. Way too much work.

Have a great visit with your parents, I know you will.