Monday, October 08, 2007

CKU Orlando - and how I really feel about Chuck E Cheese



I'm finally back online - it seems like forever (even though it's only been several days). We celebrated Jessica's 5th birthday yesterday with a trip to Chuck E Cheese (much to my dismay). I'm not a fan of the Cheese. Although now that the girls are a little older and don't freak out with all the kids running past them at speeds of light, I am able to give them 5 tokens at a time and let them go play. They run off and play but know they must come back to Mom's table for more tokens. But seriously, just sitting in that place makes me nervous. One of the last times we went, there was a little girl in front of Lindsay on the slide and apparently she REALLY had to go potty - and didn't make it. So she went as she went down the slide. Then Lindsay came down after her. Ewwww! It grosses me out just re-telling the story. It took them about 15-20 minutes to get an employee over there with a bottle of cleaner. Meanwhile, all these kids were going down the slide. I would've stood there to prevent anyone else from going down, but I was busy in the restroom cleaning up my own daughter. Yuck. Just disgusting. So this is why that place gives me the heebie-jeebies.


At any rate, we left with cotton candy, came home and had cake and ice cream - then opened presents. Lindsay was having a terrible bout of jealousy. Jess was being good and shared with Lindsay, but for some reason, it's never enough for that child. She was still pretty sullen. I had to remind her over and over that her birthday is in 3 weeks and that she would get her own presents. Still not good enough. Just a bad day for her.


I have not spent much time in my scrap room this past week (GASP!) and need to get back in here! I have creating to do! BTW, I will be at CKU Orlando this next Saturday. If you're going to be there - stop by Rusty Pickle and say hello!

7 comments:

Christi said...

Love the layout and so agree with you about Chuck E Cheese! smiles...

Lisa J. said...

I have to concur about the Chuck E. Cheese. We had a similar experience there at my dd birthday. Then there was a child having a seizure and everyone was standing around the child staring. It was very strange. I am a nurse and my dh is a firefighter/paramedic and we couldn't hardly get to the child to help him. Craziness!

Rita said...

Gorgeous layout of Jessica! And happy birthday to both girls -- hope Lindsay had/has a great day too! And Chuck E. Cheese -- it grosses me out too, but the kids have a ball, so I just have to put the germs out of my head (although your slide story is making me a little nauseous! LOL).

Mary Jo said...

I also agree about Chuck E. Cheese!! That place drives me crazy!!!
Have fun at CKU! Can't wait to hear details!

Anonymous said...

Ha! I'm right there with you on CEC!!

BEAUTIFUL layout!!

Carolyn said...

Oh girl I have finally found your blog again. I use different internet connection now, so I don't have a lot of my links that I had now. But I have seen that you have been super busy, and that is nice to hear. You know I love seeing your work, so it's really nice to see it is been seen out there. Sorry to hear about the trip to Chuckie E. Cheese. I would say ewww too. Have a fun time at CKU, if I was closer I would probably have gone to it, but I will be stuck here working. No fun I tell ya. LOL

Cheryl said...

TAGGED!!