Tuesday, November 20, 2007

What?!

We had our hvac unit serviced the other day and was advised that the inside of the unit is covered in black mold. The guy asked if we are having any health problems - and I said in a questioning way..'yeeees' and then he proceeds to show me before he put the panel back on. He said that the mold is being blown into our house through the vents. Lovely. This explains why we are all still sick and can't seem to shake it. It's part of living in Florida unfortunately. But there are some types of mold that can be very dangerous - even deadly. Hopefully we can get this taken care of soon and we can start getting healthy again.

On another note, yesterday we had an emergency visit to the pediatric dentist. Jess had to have 2 root canals and 2 crowns. Unbelievable! The dentist agreed that part of her problems are hereditary (I grew up with the worst teeth EVER) but then she reminded me that I need to be flossing her teeth until she is able to write in cursive. I admit that I don't make it a habit to floss both of the girls teeth everyday and maybe that makes me a bad mom. But then she said that we should ONLY be drinking water. No diluted Crystal Light...no diluted Light Cran-Apple, no diluted Diet Ocean Spray. Water only. I proceeded to open my big mouth and express to her that I just really don't think that is realistic that a person only EVER have water for their whole life. Pu-leeze! I get so frustrated with statements like that. Healthy? Obviously! but totally unrealistic in my opinion.

And today, I woke up sick as a dog. I won't paint the not-so-pretty-picture for you...but the symptoms are much like food poisoning. I hope tomorrow will be a better day. I need to go grocery shopping for turkey day! I hope you all have a wonderful holiday with the people you love.

Cami

10 comments:

Christi Snow said...

((((hugs)))) for you, Cami. What a crummy day...hopefully, it was your last one like that for a while. You all deserve a nice break for the holidays! smiles...

Jacqueline said...

Oh dear, Cami! Hope the symptoms don't last long and you are feeling better quickly. Also hope you get the "black mold" situation cleared up quickly and that it's not as serious as it sounds.

Cheryl said...

Good grief!! You need some Sunshine in your life. Wish I could help. Hope you start feeling better soon and get all the gunk out of the house.

Happy Holidays!!!!

Dawn W said...

Wow, what a day! Hope the mold thing gets fixed and you are all healthy again soon. We have an old house, so that is an issue here too.

Happy Thanksgiving

Jean Marie said...

Hope it gets better for you soon Cami!!watch that Black mold!!whatever you do...try not to clean it yourself!!hope your holiday was a good one and you all get your health back soon!

Mary Jo said...

I'm sorry you are sick, Cami!
That mold situation is scary!! Hopefully it will be taken care of for you soon!
And I have never flossed Evan's teeth and he is five - oops!
Although he's done it himself a few times :0)

Sandy said...

Oh Cami,
SO sorry to hear that you are sick and the mold - yikes! That can be scary.
I hope you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Many blessings,
Sandy :)

Carolyn said...

Oh Cami finding out about this problem, would explain why everyone has been so sick. Thank goodness it was discovered and hopefully you can get rid of it soon. Everyone needs to start feeling better soon. I can relate about the dentist. My youngest went through costly dental visits, when she was three. She couldn't tolerate milk when she was a baby, so I had given her apple juice, besides the soy milk, and that juice did some major damage to her teeth. She is now 8 and still won't drink nothing but water and milk, and I do have to tell you she hasn't had anymore work on her teeth since she was 3. Of course if a child has enjoyed other things to drink, it would be so hard not to allow them to drink them, mostly if they have enjoyed drinking them. Hope you find a good solution to the change.

Nancy said...

awwww hope you feel better soon, Glad they discovered the mold now before things got worse. Hope the little one's mouth is not too sore

linda said...

hope you get that mold taken care of! your poor dd! hugs to her! and no you are not a bad mom, i don't floss my kids teeth either! but we are blessed with good teeth! hope things are better for you Cami....sounds like it has been a rough go lately!

L.