Friday, July 27, 2007

hello new neighbor!


We have a new neighbor. Surprising - as the housing market here doesn't seem like it will ever pull out of the funk it's in. In our neighborhood, there must be 100 houses on the market and I would venture to say that the majority have been on the market for more than 9 months. Now, I don't know that for a fact - so please don't bother correcting me. lol. But I do know that the moving companies are saying that for the first time ever - they are moving more people OUT of Florida than INTO Florida (thank you Hurricanes, severe house price inflation and the fact that people can't get homeowners insurance!).

ANYHOO! Like I was saying, we have a new neighbor. So the girls and I made some fresh banana bread, wrapped it up in freezer paper and tied it up in a bright orange ribbon with hibiscus flowers on it. I made her a quick card and the girls and I walked over to give it to her. She is so nice - and she has grandchildren in the same age range as my kiddos. Haven't met her husband yet - but I did meet one of her granddaughters the other day. I do believe her and Lindsay will hit it off when/if they get a chance to get together to play.

It felt good to do something out of the blue like that. I would like to suggest that you make a card or some muffins or cookies or something and take them to your neighbor...just for the heck of it. :) Let me know what you do - I'd love to hear about it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that was very nice of you! i am sure she appreciated it!

i am watching my friends kiddos this morning as she goes for her 6 wk postbirth checkup. so that is my nice thing of the day:)

Beckie said...

Love the card Cami! And what a great neighbour you are. Mmmm I can smell that banana bread from here!!
Oh and those pics of your wee one.... CUTE!
xx

Cheryl said...

How sweet. I'd LOVE you to be my neighbor. I keep saying I need to meet all the people on my block. You have inspired me.